In a world where most talk about disrupting healthcare by increasing the use of technology and patient engagement apps, few understand and discus the actual business of being a physician.
Fewer still, if any, advocate for a better quality of life for physicians.
We know that being a Physician – a real physician – is hard.
It’s even more difficult to be a physician-business owner who wants to combine business ownership with the art of medicine to make an impact on the world.
The perception of the physician-business owner is one of greed, high living, and exploitation of other good people. In other words, physician-business owners are seen as creating societal problems rather than providing value.
This is unfair and just plain wrong.
Impact Physicians believe that by combining business ownership with the art of medicine they can provide both an impact in the lives of others and a profit for themselves. And both are good. This is done in a free market environment with a value-adding mindset.
The mission of the Impact Physician platform is to inspire doctors and providers to become physicians again by using their skills in the art of healing, supported by business ownership.
Specifically, the Impact Physician platform:
- Advocates for free market capitalism as the system with the greatest potential to make a meaningful difference in the lives of people
- Promotes the combination of business ownership and the art of medicine
- Educates physicians on what business options they actually have
- Celebrates impact physicians
- Provides resources to help impact physicians navigate the complexities of business ownership by helping them underastand, manage, protect, and grow their business and personal resources
- Impact Physician Workshop & Retreat