We are working on a paper about Direct Care Doctor Burnout. We are planning to take the whole of 2019 to gather and compile the data/paper. The data are coming from 3 areas: message boards, individual contacts/conversations, and a survey that we’re continuing to develop.
This “burn out” I’m referring to has little to do with the medicine or the relationships that are being developed with patients.
The burn out is directly related to business issues.
- 40% of all businesses fail in the first year.
- 80% fail within 5 years.
- Only 4% of all businesses survive after 10 years.
Why should this be any different when a statistically significant (99%+) number of physicians have never taken a course in economics, finance, accounting, entrepreneurship, or business ownership, let alone any real training. We’re finding the above numbers to be very similar to that of the plight of the Direct Care Doctor.
Doctors are finding that the medicine is the easy part.
Doctors are finding that it’s the business side that is the most difficult and causing the burnout.
Are you a Doctor looking not avoid Direct Care Burnout?
- Schedule a free, no obligation 30-minute phone call with an Impact Coach. Click here to send us a message. In the subject line state “I’m interested in becoming an Impact Physician.” In the message section, please tell us a little about your story, your current situation, and how to get in touch with you. We will respond within 24 hours to schedule a time to discuss how to become an Impact Physician.
- Become an Impact Physician Member and download a free copy of the eBook A Unique Way of Thinking: Business Ownership and the Art of Medicine.
- The Impact Physician Blog – Topics that are relevant to doctors interested in becoming an Impact Physician, how to take the steps necessary to combine business ownership with the art of medicine to you find a better quality of life for you and your family, and much more.
- The Impact Physician Podcast – Interviews with other Impact Physicians
- Become an Impact Physician Member. It’s free, but requires a membership, as membership has its privileges. As a member of the Impact Physician Private group you will have access to a lot of great information and resources about being an Impact Physician and how to navigate the complexities of business ownership, as well as exclusive opportunities. As a private member, you’ll receive early drafts of our new eBooks. The next eBook to be released is entitled The 4 Kinds of Physician-Business Owners (coming November 1, 2018).